The following is a plain-English statement of the general terms and conditions for website development by Incognito Computer Services Ltd.
More specific conditions may apply where otherwise stated, e.g. special offers, custom contracts etc.
- all work is subject to acceptance. Work will not be undertaken if it cannot be expected to be completed within an agreed period of time (e.g. due to workload, availability, or specific requirements of the request).
- providing all site content, or information from which it may be derived, in a timely manner.
- ensuring that all content (including text, photographs, logos and any other graphics) provided as site content are properly licensed for website usage (including making any required payments to rights owners).
- proof-reading, and verifying that all details are correct before site (or changes thereto) is published. Incognito Computer Services Ltd accepts no liability for any consequential claims in the event of errors or omissions.
- customer will own exclusive rights to any specifically commissioned logos, copy text etc., once payment has been made. A schedule of any such items will be provided.
- all other content — including, but not limited to code, scripts, stock graphics, fonts etc. — is licensed on a non-exclusive basis for indefinite use on the website. Copyright on this material is retained by Incognito Computer Services Ltd, or the respective creator of the content, as may be applicable.
- content where copyright is retained by Incognito Computer Services Ltd is licensed for use only on the site commissioned, and may not be copied for use on another site, nor used for unrelated purposes, without permission. The site may be modified or extended in any manner, without invalidating these rights.
- content where copyright is retained by third parties may be subject to other license terms and conditions, either more, or less restrictive. Where third party material is used, a schedule of those components, and any relevant license terms, will be provided.
- ownership of the site, and any rights granted by Incognito Computer Services Ltd, may be transferred to a third party, on the basis that the transferrer relinquishes all such rights at that point. Conditions for any other licensed content are subject to their respective license terms and conditions.
- registration of domain names is performed as a convenience service for the customer, who retains ownership of said domains. A “UDAI” will be provided, simplifying future transfer of the domain(s) to another registrar, at customer discretion. Customer will be listed as the "billing contact" upon registration. It should be noted that these details will appear in the DNS “whois” database, which is a public registry.
- the site will be published at the agreed URL(s) once checked and approved by the customer.
- a schedule of the various licensed assets used within the site, detailing ownership and a reference to the license terms and conditions as appropriate.
- digital copies of any commissioned artwork will be provided in an appropriate (e.g. vector or higher resolution, depending upon type) format, once payment is received.
- for a “static HTML” site, an archive (e.g. .zip) file of the complete site, in the same format as is used for hosting, will be provided (for backup purposes, or if being hosted independently) upon receipt of payment.
- every effort is made to ensure that the site is fully compatible the widest range of browser software practicable.
- refer to the browser support page for current details of compatibility and support (particularly for details of how browsers deemed obsolete are provided for).
- hosting is offered for websites created by Incognito Computer Services Ltd.
- unless otherwise agreed, hosting will be renewed annually, to be paid in monthly instalments. An invoice will be issued annually, which will become a GST invoice when paid.
- Incognito Computer Services Ltd reserves the right to suspend hosting service where payment for either the hosting service, or any other work is more than 60 days overdue.
- Incognito Computer Services Ltd is not liable for any consequential losses caused by interruptions to the hosting service (which might occur from time to time for a variety of reasons, mostly beyond the direct control of the company).
- Scheduled downtime will be required for occasional maintenance; every effort will be made to minimise the downtime, and to schedule it in the early hours of the morning to minimise impact.
- This hosting is not intended to be used for high-volume downloads, streaming of video content, or similar. All content must be legal within New Zealand. Incognito Computer Services Ltd. reserves the right to decline any hosting where these conditions are likely to be breached, or where bandwidth is likely to exceed “fair usage”.